Saturday, December 29, 2012

An Ode to My Flashlight

I opened my Christmas package from my Mom the other night. The last gift I opened was a flashlight. When I saw it I wondered what I was going to do with it. But I quickly realized that I have no idea how I got along without it. I hear a funny noise, out comes my Flashlight. I need to write something really quick, out comes my Flashlight. I need to go to the kitchen in the dark, out comes my flashlight. I love it. Seriously the best gift ever. So I decided to write a poem for it. (Yes, I know this is silly.)


An ode to my flashlight
That sit's upon my nightstand.


A Christmas gift I thought as silly
That turned out to be quite lovely.


Night upon night as my roommate slumbers,
I no longer stub my toes,


Rifle through papers,
Or fall on my face in the dark.


I find things with ease,
With my Flashlight, life's a breeze

.
I have but one thing to say, to the buyer of this gift.
"Thank you, Dear Mama!"

You knew just what to get!

1 comment:

  1. Love it Megan! Your mama knew what you would need! Mama's are like that. . . Love you sweetie. Cindy F

    ReplyDelete