Monday, November 19, 2012

I'm a Sunday School Teacher, That's Who I Am!

I am a Sunday School teacher, that's who I am.

Here there are no projectors showing cute kids worship videos, no cute decorations hanging on the walls, no table and chairs, no unlimited supply of crayons, and no toys. But what we do have is four walls, a whiteboard, a tile floor with bits and pieces of carpet glue that wouldn't come off after hours of scraping it with paint thinner, and a God who meets us where we're at and adores how we worship Him there.

He adores the lessons we share, He adores how the kids teach me more than I teach them, He adores prayers like, "Father, let our church grow. Nothing is impossible with you." from a seven year old boy, or ones like, "Jesus, help me quit biting my sister. Thanks! Amen." from a four year old boy. He loves the way we lay hands on each other and pray for one another. He loves the way the kids memorize the verse from that week. And most of all He loves all the children that meet together there.


Our floor before I spent 9 hours on my knees breathing paint thinner scraping the glue off.
Praise God for the friends that helped me!

My super awesome whiteboard with sliding panels. I love it.
It's okay that we have no chairs. It's okay there is no table. It's okay there are no decorations on the walls. It's okay that all we do is pray, worship, and learn. Because that's the most important thing. I love being a Sunday School teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment