Thursday, November 15, 2012

He's my Number One



In high school, I always wanted the "Picture Perfect" experience. The best friend, who knows everything about you and you know everything about her, your like sisters. The group of friends, where you all hang out and go to the mall together. The high school sweetheart, who upon graduation would propose and get married to in the fall.  I dreamed about going to all the football games, senior prom, ect.

But instead of the "ideal" high school experience, what I got stunk. My prom date decided to take another girl a week before prom, my friends never wanted to go to the football games, I always felt lonely, and the high school sweetheart never came. What a bummer.

However, living in Thailand has changed my perspective of the world. As I walk my city and see chidren begging for money in the street, over a hundred Buddist temples (just in my town!) and knowing that Thailand is less than one percent Christian, I quickly realize how silly the "perfect high school experience" and the "American Dream" is. I've learned that he's the only one who satisfies. I've learned that he so desires to be close to me and love on me. He thinks I'm beautiful and worthy. He sees me as no one else does, as someone lovely, precious, and important. He teaches me to come to Him first with things that make me cry, things that make me dance with joy, what makes me mad, what I find is interesting, and tell him all my corny jokes. He's my best friend. And the best thing is, he wants all of that with you too!

I so look forward to my Quiet Times with Jesus, especially when they come with pretty coffee.


My prayer for everyone who reads my blog is that they will understand just how sweet God is. God is my number one, who's yours?

1 comment:

  1. Magan! Your post was beautiful, like you! Thanks for sharing from your own story to bring perspective that it undeniable. You are right; He is, and should always be, my number one.
    Keep on writing and sharing and loving Him!

    ReplyDelete